Top Social

Why scaling down your social is really important

Wednesday 31 October 2018
It's natural to compare yourself to others. We all do it, in pretty much every part of our lives. Jealousy is also normal. However, we shouldn't base our happiness on other peoples successes. And we shouldnt "act" on jelousy, there's no need. If you feel bitter you need to work on changing your mindset and changing things you are unhappy about. OR unfollow/block whatever upsets you.

How many times have you scrolled through facebook and seen "happy families" or nights out with champers, pictures of peoples new cars/houses etc etc and felt unhappy? C'mon i think we have all done it. But everyone only puts their "best life" or "best self" online.

Back in the day (yes i sound old but i'm only 32!) we didn't have social media,  so no one knew what Tom, Dick and Harry from high school were up to in life unless you were close friends or bumped into them in town, and even then they would only tell you their successes. :)

I do it myself, i only post things i like, or my house when its clean...and i can barely make myself post a selfie that isn't filtered. I think i'm addicted to snapchat filters because the camera never lies and it shows my wrinkles or chubby cheeks. But honestly, i don't want to live like this anymore.

In November i'm going to try and scale down how much time i spend on social media. So i'm going to try and do facebook only 1/2 an hour a day (and try not to use it all if i can) and only an hour on instagram (because this isn't as triggering as facebook - especially when i unfollow a load of useless celeb accounts)

I'm going to embrace my insecurities and just enjoy life. I want to do some creative projects, and start prepping for Christmas. Also the house needs a bit of TLC.

Wish me luck for #NOSOCIALNOVEMBER
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature