Top Social

Going Blonde to Brunette!

Sunday 31 August 2014
It's hard work being blonde. Fact!

It's hard on the bank balance, the hair/scalp, and if you have my matchy matchy ocd it's hard to co-ordinate your clothing!

I decided to go back to brunette mostly because i was having problems getting a consistant blonde in my hair. It ended up being the perfect blonde on the ends but yellowy and orange at my roots and if i over-toned it, it would end up slightly  blue. NIGHTMARE.

I'll be honest i loved being blonde as i do think they have more fun, you get more glances and looks etc. But it wasn't worth loosing my hair for. Snapping hair is my biggest bug bear. My hair is so short and unhealthy now.

It's constantly changing different shades of brown/mahogany at the moment as i am using semi-perm dyes so as not to damage my hair further. the picture to the right was when i first did it and i popped in soem extensions, they dont match in real life though.

If your looking to go from Blonde to Brunette yourself just remember these rules:


  1. Put a red dye on first (if you skip this step you will get green hair!) I used Loreal Preference 6.66 Babylon.
  2. Then pick a nice chocolate brown, you want to avoid ashy browns (iced browns) as it will only encourage a dark green colour. I did this the day after i put the red on and used 5.3 Virginia (chestnut brown)
  3. Use leave in conditioners/serums. I have been using the Pantene Expert Keratin Repair serum (pictured), i usually put it on my hair (not my roots though) after I've towel dried it.
  4. I have been told not to straighten my hair. I ignore this but i should put it in.
  5. Try to leave at least 2 weeks before putting more dyes on. 
Number 5 is hard, i mean after my initial dyes to get it to brown, it washed out so quick. To a light brown, which was actually a nice colour but obviously i was itching to get it to chocolate brown. I waited two weeks then put a semi permanent on. Which was yesterday and i chose Chocolate Brownie by Loreal Casting Creme Gloss. It lasts 26 washes. It oly coats the hair rather than penetrate it so hopefully it will not damage it. My skin tone looks so muc better with brown hair. The only thing is, i don't want to go too dark. Last time it was so so dark brown that i looked too pale.

Hope you find this helpful.


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature